What is “Metal Art” and what types of metal art do you do?
Metal Art comes in many forms and scales and can range from small art that sits on your desk or hangs on your wall, to large sculptures, furniture, lawn art, memorials or commercial building facades… the possibilities are endless! Metal art can be created from all of the metal types, to include: mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, bronze and brass. It can be created from Found Objects or new materials, or a combination of both. With metal art, the possibilities are limited by your imagination… and the laws of physics… oh ya, and the tools in my shop. 🙂 I do not subscribe to one form or style of metal art, hence “Metal Art Forms,” but I will consider all potential projects. With metal art “most” things are possible and all pieces are one-of-a-kind!
What is the typical process for commissioning a piece of metal art?
The size of the artwork and the location of it will change the process slightly but typically the process is relatively simple:
- Contact me through any of the methods on the Contact Page.
- We’ll discuss the feasibility of the project.
- Either you provide a design or ideas and/or I can prepare possible designs for your consideration
- Consideration should be given to: the budget for the project; the size of the artwork; the type of material(s) you would like to use; and where and how you would like the artwork placed.
- If I am designing the artwork, pictures of the site and a site visit may be necessary
- Once the project has been clearly defined, I’ll provide an estimate for the project and if you like it, we go for it! 🙂
How long does a typical art piece take to complete?
The time required to complete a project varies widely and depends on the size and scope of the project and the availability of time and materials. A project can take as little as a few hours to weeks or months. Please contact me for an estimate on your project.
How much does a typical art piece cost?
The cost of an art piece will be based on the time, materials and any sub-contractors that might be needed to complete your project. Most projects will cost more than $500.00 but if you have a “quick project” it could be less! Please contact me for an estimate on your project.
What types of services do you provide?
- Creating artwork from metal
- Repairing and restoring metal artwork
- Forming and shaping sheet metal
- T.I.G, M.I.G., and Oxy/Acetylene welding of most types of metals
- Plasma cutting. Unfortunately I do not have CNC plasma cutting capabilities at this time. 🙁
- Visit our About Page for more information.
Can you deliver and install large pieces of artwork anywhere in the country or the world?
Yes we can deliver and install (or coordinate the delivery and installation) of large pieces of artwork anywhere in the country. International shipments and installations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Of course the size of the project and your location may affect the costs associated with assembly, delivery and installation but with the right budget, all things are possible!
What types of payment options do you accept?
For commissioned artwork, a deposit of 50-70% is typically required (depending on the project) and the balance plus shipping costs (if applicable) is due upon completion of the project, prior to shipment. Please contact me to arrange for payments.
Acceptable payment options are:
- Money Order
- Credit/Debit Card (Over the Phone)
- Credit/Debit Card via Paypal
If you have arranged to make a Credit/Debit/PayPal payment with me, via PayPal, please click on the button below to post your payment.
***Please note, when making a PayPal payment, be sure to note your invoice number, name of art piece and/or a brief description of the work you are paying for in the “Add special instructions to the seller” section. Thank you for your support!! 🙂